1. Indore will host 21st edition of IIFA Awards from March 27-29
The 21st edition of the International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA Awards) will be organized from March 27-29 in Indore, while Bhopal will host a celebration at the mega Bollywood event.
- The IIFA organizers made the announcement at a press conference in the presence of Bollywood actors Salman Khan and Jacqueline Fernandez and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath.
- An event-related to IIFA Awards will be held in Bhopal on March 21, while the main event to be held over three days will be held in Indore on March 27-29.
- It will be the 21st edition of the awards, which first debuted in 2000 and later became one of the highest-profile events related to the Hindi film industry.
2. RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das titled ‘Central Banker of the Year 2020 – Asia Pacific’
Shaktikanta Das who is the governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), has recognized ‘Central Banker of the Year 2020 – Asia-Pacific’ by The Banker.
- Banker is known for its annual ranking of the world’s top banks and it is a London-based international financial affairs publication, owned by the Financial Times.
- The 2020 list “celebrates the officials that have best managed to stimulate growth and stabilize their economy”.
3. Albin Kurti appointed as Kosovo’s prime minister
Albin Kurti has elected as Kosovo’s prime minister.
- Once dubbed ‘Kosovo’s Che Guevara’ for his radical antics, the 44-year-old was named PM after his left-wing Vetevendosje party forged a coalition with the center-right Democratic League of Kosovo (LDK).
- Combining a leftist agenda with militant nationalism, Kurtis has long been a rebel force in Kosovo politics.
4. Deepa Malik Named President of Paralympic Committee of India
Indian Paralympic medalist Deepa Malik takes charge as the chairman of the Paralympic Committee of India.
- She was also honored with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, the Padma Shri Award.
- Malik, who got silver in the Shot Put F-53 in Rio 2016, was unanimously selected.
5. Kenya’s longest-serving President Daniel Arap Moi expired at 95
Former Kenyan President Daniel Arap Moi, who governed the country for 24 years, has died at the age of 95.
- Moi was born on September 2, 1924, in Baringo County.
- He took charge as Kenya’s second president after independence and went on to rule from 1978 to 2002.
6. Somalia announced national emergency following locust infestation sweeping the Horn of Africa
Somalia has announced a national emergency following an infection of grasshoppers spreading the Horn of Africa, as insects destroy the food supply in one of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable areas.
- The Ministry of Agriculture said that food sources are in danger for the people and their livestock.
- Experts say that grasshopper herds (locust swarms) are the result of extreme weather swings.
- The declaration of Somalia – the first country in the region to do so – aims to boost national efforts in combating starving insects.
7. India’s Ambassador to UAE seizes the responsibility of India’s Co-Chair of Expo-2020 Dubai Committee
Navdeep Singh Suri, who was recently India’s ambassador to the United Arab Emirates, has assumed the responsibility of co-chair of the Expo 2020 Dubai Committee for India. Mr. Suri was also the recipient of the UAE’s Order of Zayed II honor.
- India is one of the few countries to be awarded for building a sustainable structure at Expo-2020 and proposes to show the country’s strength in innovation and start-ups in the high-tech sector.
- Expo-2020 to be hosted by Dubai is a World Expo which is scheduled to open on 20th October this year.
- The theme of the year- “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future”.
8. Indian boxers seize six gold at Golden Girl Championship in Sweden
At the Golden Girl Championship in Boras, Sweden, India’s junior youth ruled the roost in boxing winning 14 championships including six gold, the overall championship trophy and the ‘Best Boxer’ award.
- While the junior women’s team won five gold, three silver, and one bronze medals, the youth team won one gold and four bronze medals.
- Haryana’s Prachi Dhankar, playing in the junior category in 50 kilograms, has won the ‘Best Boxer’ award.
- Besides Prachi, Lashu Yadav (66 kilograms), Ethoibi Chanu Wangjam (54 kilograms), and Mahi Raghav (80 kilograms) also acquired gold medals.
9. Karnataka started Janasevaka program to provide Govt services at Home Delivery
The Karnataka government launched the Jan Seva Yojana in a pair of metropolitan organization wards on 4 February, guaranteeing the home of various administrations such as the ration card, senior resident personality, and wellbeing card.
The scheme proposed by Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa will relate to 53 administrations, including 11 divisions.
10. Scientists Discover/unearth Warm Water in Antarctica below Doomsday Glacier
Environmental change is accelerated, affecting creatures living on land and sea. Due to the extraordinary increase in unnatural weather change levels, icy masses are softening at a greater rate than at any other time.
Not surprisingly, sea levels are rising, and increasingly seaside areas are vying for the enormous effects of this incredible wonder.
Ice Break Down
It is not clear, as it may be, to discover the speed of decay of the icy mass. As contemporaries have indicated, it may fall completely in 100 years or a few decades. The hot water present in the installation line approaches for the possibility of an instant breakdown. Reportedly, a submerged robot called Icefin advanced outside the dissolving icy mass and found unusually warm temperatures. It was a beautiful yellow far-off robotic submarine that passed through a 2300-foot deep moat, bored by a sheet of ice.