1. Rajasthan government increased financial aid given to girls under ‘Aapki Beti’ scheme
Rajasthan government increased the financial assistance given to school girls under the ‘Aapki Beti’ scheme and ex-gratia payment to the families of polling personnel who die during election duty.
About the Aapki Beti scheme
Under the Aapki Beti scheme, girls living under the Below Poverty Line (BPL) and whose mother or father or both have died to get annual financial assistance in the state.
Amount sanctioned under Aapki Beti scheme
- The amount has been increased to 2,100 from Rs 1,100 for the girls studying in class 1 to 8 and for the girls in class 9 to 12, the financial aid has been increased to Rs 2,500 from Rs 1,500.
- Similarly, the government has also increased ex-gratia payment to the next of kin of an officer killed on election duty to Rs 20 lakh from Rs 15 lakh.
- Capital: Jaipur
- Governor: Kalyan Singh
- Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Deputy Chief Minister: Sachin Pilot
2. Satish Chandra Verma appointed as Advocate General of Chhattisgarh
Government of Chhattisgarh appointment Sathish Chandra Verma as its new Advocate General (AG).
- He was previously working as Additional Advocate General.
- He replaces Kanak Tiwari.
- Capital – Raipur
- Chief Minister – Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
3. Telangana Government enhanced Rythu Bandhu scheme
Telangana government released Rs 6,900 crore for the Rythu Bandhu scheme for Kharif season.
- The order is mainly passed to the agriculture department.
- The government enhanced the Rythu Bandhu scheme Rs 4,000 to Rs 5,000 per acre and decided to release funds in the view of ensuing Kharif season.
About Rythu Bandhu scheme
- Rythu Bandhu scheme also Farmers’ Investment Support Scheme (FISS) is a welfare program to support farmer’s investment for two crops a year by the Government of Telangana.
- The government is providing 58.33 lakh farmers, ₹4000 per acre per season to support the farm investment, twice a year, for rabi and kharif seasons.
- This is a first direct farmer investment support scheme in India.
The scheme was announced by the Chief Minister of Telangana, K. Chandrashekhar Rao at Farmers Coordination Committee (Rythu Samanvaya Samithi) conference at Jayashankar Agriculture University on 25 February 2018.
4. ICA issued the first UAE Permanent Residency ‘Golden Card’ in Abu Dhabi
UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) has issued the first Golden Residence Permit in Abu Dhabi.
- It has been provided as a part of the Investors Permanent Residence System aimed to attract investors, entrepreneurs and qualified individuals who meet its criteria.
- The first permit to the investor was awarded to Yousuf Ali, Board Member of the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry, ADCCI, and Chairman of the Lulu International Group.
- The Abu Dhabi-based Keralite tycoon is worth 4.7 billion dollars and has been ranked the richest expat in UAE according to Forbes magazine’s 2019 list of billionaires.
5. Modi 2.0 scheme to create more Greener Roads across India
Modi 2.0 a scheme which is carried out taking more innovative and constructive decisions and finally started to craft in cabinet meetings.
- The government is the most efficient and performance driven ministry is transport and road ministry.
- Union transport minister Nitin Gadkari roads greener across and the main aim is to impart a major ‘green’ boost to even bigger infrastructure building targets
- They set to plant 125 crore trees along the national highways which is equal to the total population of the nation.
- This initiative is also designed to benefit greatly to the environment.
- The estimated project completion will be around 3 years.
- Delhi-Mumbai Expressway moving ahead at a fast pace with around 60% of the contracts.
About the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- Formed July 1942
- Headquarters: New Delhi
6. Brand Veeba foods appoint Shah Rukh Khan as its brand Ambassador for its new brand “V-Nourish”
Popular consumer brand, Veeba foods make inroads into a nutrition segment with its new brand V- Nourish
A nutrition supplement for kids above 5 years appoints Shah Rukh Khan as it’s Brand Ambassador.
About Veeba foods
- Veeba is one of the leading Condiments & Sauce company in India.
- The main focus on Quality, Innovation and ‘Better for You’ products have helped us stand out in a very cluttered retail market.
- It has launched 4 variants namely Choco-Cookie flavour, Strawberry flavour, Badam flavour and Kesar Pista flavour, V-Nourish.
7. International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed on 4 June
The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is a United Nations observance each 4 June. In 1997 the General Assembly adopted the 51/77 Resolution on the Rights of the Child. It was established on 19 August 1982.
Originally focused on victims of the 1982 Lebanon War. A large number of innocent Lebanese and Palestinian children being the victims of the aggression acts by Israel’s. So, at its special emergency session on 19 August 1982, the members of the General Assembly of Palestine was shocked. Therefore, the assembly decided to celebrate 4th June as the International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression under the resolution ES-7/8.
UN’s purpose expanded to acknowledge the pain suffered by children throughout the world who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse. This day affirms the UN’s commitment to protecting the rights of children. It was a landmark development in efforts to improve the protection of children in conflict situations.
In recent years, the number of violations perpetrated against children has, in many conflict zones, increased. More needs to be done to protect the 250 million children living in countries and areas affected by conflict. More must be done to protect children from targeting by violent extremists, to promote international humanitarian and human rights law, and to ensure accountability for violations of the rights of children.
2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development:
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development provides us with the universal masterplan to secure a better future for children. The new agenda included for the first time a specific target to end all forms of violence against children, and ending the abuse, neglect, and exploitation of children are mainstreamed across several other violence-related targets.
8. MP Cabinet passes a resolution to increase reservation for OBCs to 27 %
Madhya Pradesh Cabinet has passed a resolution to increase reservation quota for Other Backward Classes (OBC) from existing 14 percent to 27 percent.
- The matter will now be taken up in the monsoon session of the state Assembly.
- The move will lead to the reservation in the state breaching the Supreme Court-mandated 50 percent cap to reach 63 percent.
- If implemented, Madhya Pradesh will become the only state in the country to have a 27 percent quota for OBCs.
9. National Security Adviser (NSA) Ajith Doval gets Cabinet rank with an extension of Five more year
National Security Adviser (NSA) Ajith Doval gets Cabinet rank with the extension of Five more years reappointed to the post for five more years and given Cabinet rank in the second term of the NDA government.
- Government of India on Monday reappointed Doval as NSA and upgraded his position from Minister of State (MoS) rank
- Doval, who was appointed as India’s fifth NSA, played a crucial in ensuring the secure return of 46 Indian nursing bank who was appointed as India’s fifth NSA.
- Doval was widely credited along with the then Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar and Indian Ambassador to China Vijay Keshav Gokhale, for resolving Doklam Standoff through diplomatic issues.
About National Security Adviser (NSA)
- The National Security Advisor (India) is the most powerful bureaucrat in the Government of India.
- Ajit Doval is the current NSA. He is the senior official on the National Security Council (NSC) of India, and the chief adviser to the Prime Minister of India on national and international security policy.
10. RBI initiated Financial Literacy Week 2019 is observed from 3 to 7 June
Financial Literacy Week 2019 is being observed from 3 June to 7 June. It is an annual initiative by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to promote awareness of key topics through a focused campaign.
The theme of Financial Literacy Week 2019 is ‘Farmers’. The FL Week would focus on farmers as the target group with the primary theme being “responsible borrowing and agricultural finance”. It also focuses on how they can benefit from being a part of the formal banking system. The aim of the initiative is to create awareness about financial products and services, good financial practices, going digital and consumer protection.
RBI’s Financial Education Initiative includes:
- The FAME (Financial Awareness Messages) booklet- which provides basic financial literacy messages for information of the general public.
- It has developed tailored financial literacy content for five target groups’ namely Farmers, Small entrepreneurs, School children, Self Help Groups and Senior Citizens. The content can be used by trainers in financial literacy programmes.
- RBI has designed Audiovisuals on Basic Financial Literacy, Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and Going Digital for the benefit of the general public on topics relating to Financial Literacy.
11. Two-wheeler loan named ‘Sabse Khaas Loan’ launched by L&T Finance
Indian multinational conglomerate, L&T Finance, a subsidiary of L&T Finance Holdings, launched ‘Sabse Khaas Loan’ for two-wheeler customers.
- This scheme provides burden-free and low-cost finance for two-wheelers eliminates the need for hypothecation of the vehicle to the financier over the tenure of the loan.
- This loan is for a financially strong customer who spends their hard-earned money smartly.
- The Borrowers can choose 3 different EMI periods- 6, 12 and 18 months with the interest rates between 7.99 percent and 8.99 percent.
About Larsen & Toubro (L&T):
- Founders: Henning Holck-Larsen, Soren Kristian Toubro
- Headquarters: Mumbai