1. Vice President book Listening, Learning and Leading published
Vice President Shri Venkaiah Naidu released a book titled “Listening, Learning and Leading” of his two years in office. The abrogation of Article 370 should not be considered as a political issue in the interest of the security of the nation and the future of people of Jammu and Kashmir. The Book “Listening, Learning and Leading” released by Union Minister of Home Affairs Shri Amit Shah. Vice President Shri Venkaiah Naidu received the first copy.
The event was hosted by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu’s popular alliteration and witty remarks, created a cordial atmosphere in the Rajya Sabha. A part of the book release, Regional Outreach Bureau, Chennai organized a photo exhibition highlighting the journey of the Vice President from a student leader. Shri. Venkaiah Naidu’s interaction with a cross-section of society, meeting with world leaders and visits to Universities, Research institutions were also pictured.
2. Huawei originated its own Operating System Harmony OS
Huawei Technologies launched its own Operating System (OS) named as HongMengOS in Chinese/ HarmonyOS in English. The first version of the OS launched later in 2019.
- It is a part of Huawei’s play in the Internet of Things (IoT).
- It is used across different devices from smartphones to smart speakers and even sensors.
- The next three years, the OS will be used in other devices, including wearables and car head units. Yu Chengdong, CEO of Huawei’s consumer business group is needed to address future challenges in the era of internet of things, and it is hard to deliver a smooth experience across different devices with millions of lines of code. The most expected name of HongMeng, Huawei adopted Harmony for its in-house operating system to solve all these problems features of Harmony have already been used in its premium smartphone models and other devices.
3. Bajrang Punia wins gold in 65kg at Tbilisi Grand Prix 2019
Bajrang Punia seized the gold medal in the Tbilisi Grand Prix of V. Balavadze and G. Kartozia, Georgia. Greco Roman wrestler Manjeet won bronze in the 55 kg category. Tbilisi Grand Prix of V. Balavadze and G. Kartozia is created by the Georgian Wrestling Federation at the New Sports Palace, Georgia. Around 11 Indian wrestlers have participated in the International wrestling tournament, the Indian squad include only one Freestyle wrestler as
4. Chandrima Shaha is ready to be the first woman president of INSA
Biologist Chandrima Shaha is going to become the first woman to head the Indian National Science Academy (INSA). She earlier the vice-president of INSA and the director of the National Institute of Immunology in Delhi.
- She will prioritize communicating science “aggressively” and combat pseudoscience. She and the elected council of 30 members will take charge on January 1, 2020.
- Shaha was a cricketer and also worked as a commentator for All India Radio. Shaha’s research focused on understanding cell death pathways.
- Her laboratory has worked on finding the precise mechanisms of cell death and how this process is regulated by “diverse signaling pathways” in unicellular (Leishmania parasite) and multicellular (cancer cells) models. The main aim is to provide a deeper understanding of cell death events that can help in the development of improved therapeutics for diseases associated with anomalous cell death. The Indian Science Congress come under fire after prominent scientists have suggested that events mentioned in Indian mythological texts have scientific explanations. Several politicians have also made pseudo-scientific claims in the past.
5. Shri Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated Mukhyamantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated a scheme Mukhyamantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana for the farmers having farmlands of less than 1 acre to 5 acres will be provided by Rs5,000-25,000.
- The launching ceremony was held in 23 districts apart from Ranchi. The benefit of the scheme is about 3000 crores will be sent to the account of 35 lakh farmers.
- The government has promised the farmers to double their income by 2020. As soon Mukhyamantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana will launch and the amount will transfer to the beneficiary accounts. The state government will spend an amount of 2250 crores for increasing the income of farmers
About money Distribution
The Department of Agriculture has many percentages of schemes of money distribution based on land acres. The farmers having land of 1acre will have 5000 rupees. The farmers having land of 2acre will have 10,000 rupees
The farmers having land of 3 acres will have 15,000rupees. The farmers having land of 4 acres will have 20,000 rupees. The farmers having land of 5 acres will have 25,000 rupees
6. Rajnath Singh approved Child Care Leave for Male Service Personnel in Defence Forces
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh praised extending benefits of childcare leave to single male service personnel. The decision is in sync with an order by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
- The decision is in sync with an order by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT). The minister gave his nod for giving certain relaxation in childcare leave (CCLNSE 1.31 %) provisions in case of women officers in defense forces.
- The CCL is granted only to women officers in defense forces. Recently, DoPT has made certain amendments to allow CCL to civilian employees whereby the CCL granted to woman employees till now has been extended to the single male government. The age limit of 22 years prescribed earlier in the case of a child with 40 percent disability has been removed for the purpose of availing CCL.
7. UP govt created a world record by planting over 22 crore saplings in one day on 77th anniversary of the Quit India Movement
Uttar Pradesh(UP) chief minister(CM) Yogi Adityanath launched the mega greenery plantation drive called “Vriksharopan Mahakumbh” sets a world record by planting over 22 crore saplings in a day.
- The state entered the Guinness World Records’ for distributing 76,823 saplings simultaneously in six hours across the state. The first record made for planting Five crore saplings in the first hour i.e. from 9 am to 10 am. The 2nd record was made for planting 1.1 lakh saplings in Kasganj in presence of UP governor, Anandi Ben Patel. The 3rd record was made in Prayagraj for distribution of a record of 66,000 saplings at the same place in a certain time frame and the 4th record was made for planting 22 crore saplings in a day.
- The state announced to plant 25 crore saplings in the Van Mahotsav in 2020. Adityanath revealed the logo of ‘Vriksharopan Mahakumbh’ and handed saplings of ‘Sahjan’ (Drumstick) to 5 rural women. The CM launched the drive by planting Harishankari, a combination of three sacred trees (peepul, pakar, and banyan) at Jaitikheda area in Lucknow.