1. India joined Global Antimicrobial Research Hub
India has joined the world Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR), Research and Development (R&D) Hub as a new member. India will be a member of Board of Members formally from 2019. Now India will be operating with all the partners under the hub and will focus on new research to address drug-resistant infections.
AMR is the ability of a microorganism to treat antimicrobial resistance that continues to be acute worldwide. India is inexpensive to explore problems with antimicrobial resistance through the lens of a health approach, which must be supported by long-term commitments from all stakeholders.
2. ISRO and SpaceIL is ready to exchange notes on the lunar mission
The Indian Space Research Organisation has announced that it is ready to exchange notes with Israel’s private space center, SpaceIL. Israel SpaceIL’s Beresheet mission lost robotic lunar lander in a manner similar to Chandrayaan-2’s lander Vikram in February 2019.
ISRO committee the analyzed Chandrayaan’s failure terminated its inquiry into how and why lander Vikram lost the communication link with the master control room. Now the two countries re-planning to exchange notes and discuss the factors that led to the failure of the Lander’s landing.
3. Sixteen members of CISF successfully summitted Mt. Satopanth peak
A team of 16 members of the Central Industrial Security Force successfully finished Mount Satopanth’s peak climbing. The CISF members committed the Women Empowerment and expedition to Fit India Movement which were initiated by the Prime Minister of India.
The aim of the expedition was to reveal the message of empowering girls through mountaineering so as to keep alive the spirit of travel under the influence. The team pushed its limits and achieved their goal by exposing themselves to a very good order of mental and physical challenges, including low atmospheric pressure, thin air, sub-zero temperatures, persistent snow piles and alternative harsh climates. There is a lot of risk involved in the circumstances.
4. Union HRD Minister launched several initiatives of MIC and AICTE to boost research and innovation
Union Human Resource Development Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has attended the First Annual Innovation Festival of the MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC).
- The Innovation Cell showcased innovations from over 70 top students across India.
- He has launched Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2020, Smart India Hackathon 2020, and Institution’s Innovation Council 2.0. The event witnessed the release of the Start-Up Policy Document and SIH Report, the launch of Technical Teachers Training Module, Protsahan Mudra Scheme, ATAL Academies, Vishwakarma Award and the Vice Chancellor’s Meet on the Student Induction Programme.
5. Sri Lanka flags off Pulathisi Express, a ‘Make In India’ train
The strong ties between India and its southern neighbour Sri Lanka experienced a boost when a newly ‘Make In India’ train rake was flagged of from Colombo Fort Railway station.
- The rake of Pulathisi Express was built in the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai.
- Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena, Transport Minister Arjuna Ranathunga and Indian envoy to Sri Lanka Taranjit Singh Sandhu have flagged off a new train to Polonnaruwa from Colombo Fort Railway station.
6. White Water Rafting Expedition ‘Rudrashila’ has Flagged off at Jaisalmer
The white water Rafting Expedition christened ‘RUDRASHILA’ being initiated by Kalidhar Battalion was at Jaisalmer Military station.
- The expedition christened ‘Rudrashila’ was organized to commemorate the 75th Raising day of the Kalidhar Battalion.
- ‘Rudrashila’ gets its name from the famed Rudraprayag tributary of the Ganges River in the Mountains of Uttarakhand.
7. Indo-Thailand Joint Military Exercise Maitree – 2019
Joint Military Exercise MAITREE-2019 between India and Thailand will be conducted at Foreign Training Node, Umroi (Meghalaya) from 16-29 Sep 2019.
- Indian and Royal Thailand Army (RTA) comprising 50 soldiers each will participate in the exercise with an aim to share experience gained during various counter-terrorism operations in their respective countries.
- Exercise MAITREE is an annual training event which is being administered alternatively in Thailand and India since 2006.
8. Karnataka Bank MD recruited in IBA managing committee
Karnataka Bank managing director and chief executive officer M S Mahabaleshwara were recruited to the Managing Committee of Indian Banks Association (IBA).
- He was elected unopposed from the private sector member banks.
- Indian Banks Association (IBA) is a parent association of the bankers wherein public sector, private sector, foreign banks operating in India are the members.
- The membership of the association stood at 253 comprising 144 ordinary members and 109 associate members last month.
UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has offered the First Class Order of Zayed II award to the Ambassador, Navdeep Singh Suri.
- The award is given in recognition of his contribution to the development and strengthening of friendly relations and co-operation between the two countries.
- It is a rare honour given to any diplomat.
- UAE Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan presented the Order to the Ambassador in Abu Dhabi.
10. Amit Shah inaugurated the renamed Arun Jaitley Cricket Stadium
The iconic Feroz Shah Kotla stadium is renamed after former Union Minister late Arun Jaitley in the national capital.
- In a function at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium Home Minister Amit Shah digitally introduced the renamed Arun Jaitley Cricket Stadium in presence of late finance minister’s family.
- DDCA has also revealed a new pavilion stand at the Feroz Shah Kotla after skipper Virat Kohli, who recently became the most successful India captain in Test cricket.
- Arun Jaitley was at the helm of the DDCA from 1999 to 2013, was credited for bringing better facilities, including a world-class stadium, to Delhi cricket.