1. Indian bodybuilder Ravinder Malik got Mr. South Asia title
Indian bodybuilder Ravinder Malik won the title of Mr. South Asia.
- About 91 bodybuilders participated in the championship.
- The competition is organized jointly by South Asian Bodybuilding and Physical Sports Federation of Nepal Bodybuilding and Fitness Association.
- He won the title of overall champion of 12th Asian Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Championship in Kathmandu.
- He won this title under the 80-kilogram category
- He was among the nine people who won the title in the same 80kg category.
Countries and Their Medals
- Afghanistan won a total of 15 medals.
- The medals included six gold, four silver and five bronze.
- Nepal won three gold, seven silver, and six bronze medals
- India got four gold, five silver, and one bronze medal.
- The Maldives gained three gold and two bronze medals.
- Pakistan got a gold, two silver, and two bronze.
- Bhutan finished the final championship game with a bronze medal.
2. Chandrayaan 2 launched from Sriharikota at 2:43 pm on July 22
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched India’s second mission Chandrayaan -2 to the Moon successfully at 2.43 pm on July 22
About Chandrayaan – 2
Chandrayaan-2 planned to go the Moon’s south polar region. The main aim is to explore its main surface for the signs of water and to find out the new form of energy. The 978-crore cost spent while the launch process
- The second launchpad at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota, in Andhra Pradesh. The countdown announced on Sunday. It is a 20-hour countdown. The launch began at 6.43 pm.
- India’s second Moon odyssey launched 11 years after ISRO’s successful first lunar mission Chandrayaan 1
3. Rajya Sabha MP D Raja elected as CPI General Secretary
Rajya Sabha member D Raja is appointed the General Secretary of the Communist Party of India (CPI).
- He will replace Sudhakar Reddy
- He left the post for health reasons
- Reddy was selected for the post three times
- In the meeting of the National Council of the Party, the decision to appoint King as General Secretary.
About CPI – Lok Sabha Elections
It is the second-largest party in Indian politics but they face the worst crisis in the electoral roll on an all-time low.
- In the recently concluded Lok Sabha elections, the party got only two seats.
- Candidates who win the election belong to Tamil Nadu.
About Raja D
- He is a politician and a member of the Rajya Sabha from Tamil Nadu.
- He belongs to the Communist Party of India.
- He is from the National Secretary of the Party from 1994 to 2019.
- He is twice a Rajya Sabha member from Tamil Nadu.
- His tenure ends in the Upper House on 24th July.
4. Prithu Gupta of Delhi elected as Indias 64th Grandmaster
Delhi’s Prithu Gupta grow as India’s 64th Grandmaster. He got Elo around 2500 points.
- He defeated IM Lev Yankelveich in the fifth round of the Portuguese League 2019.
- He received his first GM model in Gibraltar Masters.
- He achieved his second ideal in the same year’s Bail Masters.
- He received the last benchmark in the Porticcio Open and finally received the required ELO points.
Top 10 Chess Grandmasters in India
Here some of the grandmasters’ names are given below. Their rating is given along with their names.
- Anand, Viswanathan – 2776
- Harikrishna, P. – 2731
- Vidit, Santosh Gujrathi – 2723
- Sasikiran, Krishnan – 2671
- Ganguly, Surya Shekhar – 2657
- Negi, Parimarjan – 2656
- Adhiban, B. – 2650
- Sethuraman, S.P. – 2649
- Aravindh, Chithambaram VR – 2617
- Gupta, Abhijeet – 2615
5. Maharashtra Sports Dept proffered Rs. One Crore Assistance for Gold Medalist Rahi Sarnobat
The sports department of Maharashtra gave a million rupees to the shooter Rahi Sarnobat.
- She belongs to the Kolhapur district of western Maharashtra and qualified for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- She personally requested all the players and various sports associations and Mahasangh of Maharashtra through social media.
- Players belonging to various sports associations and federations of Maharashtra have planned to send government proposals for financial assistance so that the government can support it through the process.
- The state has planned to give financial assistance to the emerging players for their training and other expenses.
- Most players do not know the schemes.
- Those players who seek wealth, they have to stay in Maharashtra for 15 years.
- They should have won at least one medal in junior or senior national competitions.
6. Former Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit Exequies with state honours
Sheila Dikshit, who was chief minister of Delhi for three times, who is credited with the development of “all-round” development of the national capital, was cremated with full state honor on July 21 at the national capital’s oldest cremation ground, Nigambodh Ghat.
She died due to cardiac arrest. According to his wish, the Congress leader was kept to rest by using the CNG method.
Sheila Dikshit was an Indian politician who was one of the longest-serving Chief Ministers of Delhi, as well as the longest-serving woman chief minister of any Indian state from 1998 to 2013 of 15 years
TRIBUTES AT FUNERAL:
UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, who was also present at the funeral. Union home minister Amit Shah, Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal, his deputy Manish Sisodia and Delhi home minister Satyendar Jain were among those who attended the last rites. On July 20 Prime Minister Narendra Modi had visited her residence, accompanied by Delhi BJP chief Manoj Tiwari.
The Delhi government declared a two day grieving period in the national capital as a mark of respect for Sheila.
SHEILA’S POLITICAL LIFE
Longest-serving woman chief minister who steered her party to victory for three consecutive terms in 1998, 2003 and 2008, Dikshit ushered in an era of all-round development that transformed Delhi into a world-class capital.
SHEILA’S CREDIT IN POLITICAL:
She was credited for the growing infrastructure of the National Capital including the roads and flyovers and a better public transport system. During his tenure, Dikshit had been curbing pollution in the national capital. She introduced green reforms in the public transport sector, which was successfully completing the transition from CNG-based fleet to polluting vehicles.
7. PV Sindhu won her first silver medal of the year at Indonesia Open
World number five PV Sindhu won her first silver medal of the year after finishing second at the Indonesia Open.
- The 24-year-old lost her first final of the year to world number four Akane Yamaguchi 15-21, 16-21 in 51 minutes on July 21.
- Sindhu will next play the Japan Open, which is scheduled to begin on July 23.
PLAY IN INDONESIA OPEN :
A brilliant dink at the net from Yamaguchi. There’s no way Sindhu is getting there. Sindhu is losing her way. Yamaguchi has won the 11 of the last 13 points and she now leads 19-14 in the first game.
Game point to Yamaguchi. Sindhu saves one with a good smash but Yamaguchi comes up with an even better smash on the next point to win the first game 21-15. Yamaguchi wins first game 21-15.
Sindhu’s shot from the backcourt goes wide and Yamaguchi is only three points away from the title. Yamaguchi is having some trouble with her knee. She’s back on the court and seems okay. 18-15 she leads.
Matchpoint to Yamaguchi as Sindhu’s shot goes long.she has done it! Akane Yamaguchi comes to the net with a flurry of attacks and seals it, beating PV Sindhu 21-15, 21-16 to lift the Indonesia Open title.
It was the first final of the year for Sindhu but she’ll have to wait for a first title of the year. The Olympic silver medallist wasn’t quite at her best today, against Yamaguchi who was completely on top of her game.
It’s her first Super 1000 title and a big payday, winning $87,500.
INDONESIA OPEN 2019:
The 2019 Indonesia Open was the fourteenth tournament of the 2019 BWF WORLD TOUR and also part of the INDONESIA OPEN championships, which had been held since 1982. This tournament was organized by Badminton Association Of Indonesia and sanctioned by the BWF.
8. Sanjeev Kumar Singla elected as India’s Ambassador to Israel
Senior diplomat Sanjeev Kumar Singla has been appointed as the next Indian ambassador to Israel.
- Appointment confirmed on Friday this week.
- He is a 1997 batch Indian Foreign Service officer
- He was working as Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Private Secretary (PS).
- He was appointed to the special post in 2014.
- He will replace Pawan Kapoor, who will take charge as Israel’s ambassador.
9. Dfxpo India-2020 for the first time in Lucknow
The eleventh biennial edition of DefExpo India – 2020 is for the first time in Uttar Pradesh’s capital, Lucknow, to be held on February 2020.
- The four-day event starting from 5 February will provide an excellent opportunity for the Indian defense industry to showcase their abilities and promote their export potential.
- The main theme of DefXpo India – 2020 will be the “India – Emerging Defense Manufacturing Hub” and will be Focus on Digital Transformation of Defense.
10. LIC offered 1.25 trillion rupees for highway projects by 2024
Insurance legend LIC has agreed to offer 1.25 trillion lines credit by 2024 to fund highway projects.
- Fund will be a part of new ways of financing to meet the hunger of India’s vast infrastructure.
- The Road Transport and Highways Ministry want to use various sources of finance including pension and insurance money.
- This amount will be provided for the timed execution of the ambitious Bharatmala project of 8.41 trillion, which aims at grid at the all-India level of highways.
11. North Korea won Intercontinental Cup title
After defeating Tajikistan in the final, North Korea won the second edition of the Intercontinental Cup Football Tournament.
- Both finalists were the two lowest-ranked teams of the four-nation tournament, the other participants being hosts India and Syria.
- The champions received prize money of USD 50000 while the runners-up received USD 25000.