1. Justice Raghavendra Singh Chauhan took oath as Chief Justice of the Telangana High Court
Justice Raghvendra Singh Chauhan was sworn-in as Chief Justice of Telangana High Court in Hyderabad.
- Governor ESL Narasimhan administered the oath of office to Justice Chauhan at Raj Bhavan.
- Justice Chauhan is the second Chief Justice of Telangana High Court after the division of the Andhra Pradesh High Court last year.
2. Justice V Ramasubramanian appointed as Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court
Justice V Ramasubramanian was appointed as Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court.
- He replaced the Chief Justice Suryakant.
- The function was conducted by Governor Acharya Debavratt.
- He served as an additional judge of the Madras High Court
- He joined as a permanent judge on November 9, 2009
About Himachal Pradesh
- Capital – Shimla
- Chief Minister – Jai Ram Thakur
3. RBI Deputy Governor Viral Acharya resigned 6 months before the expiry of the term
RBI Deputy Governor Viral Acharya resigned six months before the scheduled time of his tenure.
- Acharya assumed his position on January 20, 2017, for three years.
- He is the economic liberalization after the youngest deputy governor of the central bank. His tenure was to end on January 20, 2020.
- Urjit Patel had withdrawn from the post of Governor in December last year after the differences with the government.
4. Indian Gymnast, Pranati Nayak won bronze at 2019 Asian Artistic Gymnastic Championship held in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Pranati Nayak of India won the bronze medal in Senior Asian Artistic Championships in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
- She became eligible for the final
- She is from West Bengal
- She finished sixth and won a bronze medal with a score of 13.384.
- She recently secured 13,400 and 13.367 points in the first and second safe scores.
5. Dr. Reddy’s launched a therapeutic equivalent of Vitamin K1
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories has launched Phytonadione injectable emulsion USP, 10 mg/ml single dose ampules, a therapeutic equivalent generic version of Vitamin K1 (Phytonadione) in the U.S.A.
The company said the audit of its Formulations Manufacturing Plants (Vizag SEZ Plant 1 and Vizag SEZ Plant 2) at Duvvada, Visakhapatnam by the USFDA, has been completed on June 21 and it has been issued a Form 483 with 2 observations.
As per the USFDA, Form 483 is issued to a firm’s management at the conclusion of an inspection when the investigator has observed any conditions that in its judgment may constitute violations of the Food Drug and Cosmetic Act and related Acts.
6. Mexico becomes the first country to ratify trade agreement instead of NAFTA
Mexico became the first country to ratify the trade agreement to replace the 25-year North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
- The trade deal is known as United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA).
- USMCA (NAFTA 2.0) has been modified for automakers, strict labor, and environmental standards, intellectual property protection, and digital business provisions.
- US President Donald Trump and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto signed the need to sign the agreement by all the three governments in November 2018.
About the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- This is an agreement signed by Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
- It makes a tripartite business block in North America.
- This agreement came into effect on January 1, 1994
7. Shefali Juneja elected as India’s representative in the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)
Government of India appointed Shefali Juneja appointed as India’s representative in the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)
- The period of three years.
- She is currently working as the Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MCA).
- She will succeed Alok Shekhar (IAS officer ) who is named for the post in October 2015.
- The council is composed of 36 states.
- The council member states are chosen under three headings namely states of chief importance in air transport, states make the largest contribution to the provision of facilities for air navigation
About the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)
- Founder: Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation
- Founded: 1944
- Headquarters: Montreal, Canada
- Head: Fang Liu
8. Indias first iron ore mine found in Bangladesh
Iron ore mine located at Isabpur village in Dinajpur.
- This announcement was made by the Geological Survey of Bangladesh.
- After the effect of extensive drilling over two months in the area. A 400-foot thick iron layer was found in Bangladesh after the result of the Geological Survey.
- Around 1,750 feet beneath the surface stretched over an area of 6-10 square kilometer.
- The percentage of iron in the mine around 65.
- It shows the high quality of the ore. The other countries like Canada, China, Brazil, Sweden, and Australia have the percentage of iron ore is below the level of 50.
- Other minerals such as gold, copper, nickel, and chromium also found at various levels of the mining.
- The discovery of the iron mine opened up economic prospects for the country.
- The iron concentration in the magnetite ore is 65 percent.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
- Currency: Bangladeshi Taka
9. Hamilton won French Grand Prix
The reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton continued his run of form as he won the 2019 French Grand Prix at Circuit Paul Ricard.
- The win also marked Hamilton’s sixth triumph in eight races this season.
- The Mercedes driver Hamilton defeated his teammate Valtteri Bottas.
Dr. Gaurav Nigam awarded with ‘Innovative Research Excellence Award 2019’
- The award was given by Lyonpo Ugyen Dorji, Minister for Labour and Human Resources of Bhutan at the Asian Leadership Summit
- The function is held at Thimphu, Bhutan.
- The event organized by the Global Leaders Foundation.
- He is the author of the book titled ‘Devil Inside My Mind’.
- He is the founder of iCare
- He won this award for his excellence in school education of outstanding contribution towards the innovative development research activities in the field of school education in South Asian Region.