1. Visa appointed PV Sindhu as its brand ambassador
Payment technology company Visa has named world badminton champion Pusarla Venkat Sindhu as its brand ambassador for two years. She will promote the brand through advertising campaigns.
In addition, Sindhu has become an athlete member of Team Visa for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
- Since 1986, Visa has been supporting the Olympic Games as a worldwide sponsor. Visa has signed a contract through 2032 as the exclusive payment technology partner. Team Visa is the company’s global athlete support program to assist athletes who aspire to the Olympic and Paralympic Podiums.
- Under the program, athletes are selected based on their expected performance of strong competitive performances in the Olympic and Paralympic Games. The program has supported over 400 Olympic and Paralympic athletes.
2. Vice President called upon the young generation to present the real history of India.
Vice President of India, Mr. M. Venkaiah Naidu has called upon the younger generation to present the real history of India as there were many distortions in the history prepared by the colonial rulers. The award has been instituted by the Punyabhushan Foundation.
- More than 3,600 monuments of national importance are being protected and protected by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- It was important to preserve and preserve the glorious history of the country embedded in these structures.
3. DRDO signed MoU with CUJ to establish Kalam Centre
The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) signed a memorandum of understanding with the Central University of Jammu (CUJ). It aims to establish the Kalam Center for Science and Technology (KCST) at the university. The MoU signing ceremony was held in the presence of Defense Minister Rajnath Singh.
The objective of the MoU is to facilitate multi-disciplinary guided basic and applied research and technology development in identified research areas.
Developments include computational system security and sensors. The Kalam center will be equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, which will lead to the growth of research scholars in these fields.
4. Mukesh Ambani topped the 2019 IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List
On 25 September 2019, the eighth IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2019 was released. Reliance Industries’ Chairman Mukesh Ambani has topped the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List. He has topped for the eighth consecutive year, with a net worth of Rs 3,80,700 crore.
The list reported that 953 individuals crossed the Rs.1,000 crore threshold to make the list. According to IIFL, the combined wealth of top 25 in the list equates to 10% of India’s GDP and that of 953 accounts for 27%.
5. Rajiv Sinha will be appointed as the new Chief Secretary of West Bengal
Rajiva Sinha is currently the additional chief secretary to the health and family welfare department, will be the new chief secretary of West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Sinha was appointed the chief secretary in 2017 after the retirement of Basudeb Banerjee, is a 1985 batch IAS officer.
About West Bengal
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
- Chief minister: Mamata Banerjee
6. HDFC Bank, IOC launched co-branded fuel credit card for users from non-metro cities
HDFC Bank in partnership with Indian Oil launched a co-branded fuel card for users in non-metro cities and towns, which will be available on both RuPay and Visa platforms.
- The card was launched at an event here by IOCL’s Executive Director (Retail Sales) Vigyan Kumar and HDFC Bank’s Country Head, Payments Business and Marketing, Parag Rao.
- The card offers customers highest rewards and benefits on fuel consumption and will be available on both RuPay and Visa platforms.
7. Bharti Airtel appointed Gopal Vittal as HR head for India, South Asia
Bharti Airtel has appointed Gopal Vittal as an interim chief people officer for India who is currently the CEO of the company.
The current chief people officer for India, South Asia, Gautam Anand, has resigned his position with immediate effect.
Gautam Anand was working with Airtel since 2009. He was elevated to the ranks while working in different capacities. In May 2012, he was elevated to the position of vice-president, chief of staff for CEO, India & South Asia.
- He has worked as the head of human resources for India and South Asia operations.
- In this role, he was closely involved with the CEO in all aspects of business management, including performance reviews, strategic updates to the board of directors, and internal and external stakeholder management.