1. Health Ministry Launched Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme IDSP
Ms. Preeti Sudan, Union Health Secretary soft-launch of the Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) segment of the Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP) in seven states.
The path-breaking initiative will provide near-real-time data to policymakers for detecting outbreaks, reducing the morbidity and mortality and lessening disease burden in the populations and better health systems.
Need For IDSP?
- Because data was being COLLECTED SEPARATELY AND USED SEPARATELY by the various program managers
- Data was never used comprehensively at national level
- Huge resources were being used separately and sometimes DUPLICATION OF FUNDS also occurred
- The epidemiological impact of the outbreak control measures can be expected to be significant only if these measures are APPLIED IN TIME.
2. Govt proposed Rs 13 crore subsidy for hybrid cars in India
The Department of Heavy Industry has proposed a subsidy of ₹13 crore to promote hybrid cars in India.
- The move follows lobbying by automobile manufacturers including Toyota, Maruti Suzuki and Honda.
- The incentives have been sought by the department for potential buyers of 10,000 hybrid cars fitted with lithium-ion batteries of 0.5-2 kilowatt-hour (kWh) in a meeting with the committee for the second phase of the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric and Hybrid vehicles (FAME) scheme.
Gauri Khan debuted on Fortune India’s Most Powerful Women list 2018
Shah Rukh Khan’s wife and Renowned interior designer and co-owner of Red Chillies Entertainment, Gauri Khan debuts on the list of ‘Fortune India’s 50 Most Powerful Women’ in business’ this year.
Being the founder and chief executive office of Gauri Khan Designs, Gauri gained the 42nd spot.
The top five Fortune India’s Most Powerful Women list 2018:
1. Zia Mody – Co-founder, AZB & Partners;
2. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw – Chairperson and MD, Biocon;
3. Suneeta Reddy – Managing director, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise;
4. Alice G. Vaidyan – Chairman and managing director, General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re);
5. Mallika Srinivasan – Chairman and CEO, Tractors and Farm Equipment (TAFE).
4. ISRO will launch HysIS on 29th November
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has planned to launch HysIS, the country’s first hyperspectral imaging satellite for advanced earth observation, on 29th November from Sriharikota.
A lowdown of the payload:
- PSLV-C43 mission will launch 31 satellite in total into 2 orbits
- Slated to last just under 2 hours, it will be ISRO’s 3rd longest mission
- 30 co-passengers include a microsatellite (100-kg class) and 29 nanosatellites (under 10 kg). They are from United States of America (23), Australia, Canada, Columbia, Finland, Malaysia, Netherlands and Spain (one each satellite)
5. Reserve Bank to infuse Rs.40,000 crore in December through OMO
The Reserve Bank of India is to pump in more liquidity in December by infusing Rs.40,000 crore into the system through Open Market Operations (OMOs).
- The Reserve Bank will officially give the details about the auction dates for the OMOs in due course. However, it added that this OMO amount is indicative with the RBI retaining the flexibility to change it, depending on the evolving liquidity and market conditions.
- RBI had announced to inject Rs.40,000 crore into the system in November. It has already infused Rs.30,000 crore into the system while the balance Rs.10,000 crore will be pumped in through the auction on 29th November.
6. Tech Mahindra bagged Rs.270 crore deal from CIL
Tech Mahindra bagged a Rs.270 crore deal to enable the digital transformation of Coal India Limited (CIL). The deal aimed at enterprise modernization and is to span a five-year period.
- In the first of the project, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) would be implemented in CIL and its two subsidiaries, Mahanadi Coalfields Limited and Western Coalfields Limited. It also includes the supply and implementation of the hospital information management system across all eight subsidiaries of CIL, covering 21 hospitals.
- The primary objective of setting up an integrated ERP system in CIL and its subsidiaries is to deploy state-of-the-art information technology system, which can provide all necessary information based on real-time data and help the management in taking quick and timely decisions to achieve desired results.
7. Global Wage Report 2018 Released, Bangladesh’s gender wage gap lowest in the globe
According to the report the global average monthly gender pay gap was 21.2% in 2017, while Bangladesh gender pay gap was only 2.2%, the lowest in the world.
- Pakistan topped the gap chart by 43.8%.
- Nepal topped the low income group with 26.7% gap and the average gender pay gap is 21.2%.
- Gujarat tops in implementing Ayushman Bharat
- Gujarat has emerged as the top performer of the Centre’s ambitious health financing scheme – Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY), which was launched on September 23, promises health coverage of Rs 5 lakh per family to over 10 crore poor families.
- Over 3.4 lakh beneficiaries have been treated under the scheme since its launch until November 24, according to the National Health Agency.
- Tamil Nadu ranked second at 54,273 hospital and Chattisgarh third at 53,180.
8. Hausla-2018 inaugurated in Delhi
The National Festival for Children of Child Care Institutions (CCIs)- ‘Hausla 2018’ of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) was inaugurated by the Secretary, Shri Rakesh Srivastava, in New Delhi.
- The theme for the 4 day Event, from 26 to 29th November 2018 is “Child Safety”.
- Children will be participating in various events like Debate, painting competition, athletics meet, football, chess competition and Safe Neighborhood Day. CIF and NIPCCD will be assisting the Ministry in organizing the events.
9. Azim Premji will conferred highest French civilian award
Tech magnate and philanthropist Premji will receive the Knight of the Legion of Honour or Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur from Ambassador of France to India, Alexandre Ziegler.
- The renowned entrepreneur will be bestowed with this distinction for his contribution to developing the IT industry in India and his economic outreach in France.
- Indian recipients who have received this prestigious award include Shah Rukh Khan as well as Bengali actor Soumitra Charrerjee.
10. Govt launched ‘Paisa’ portal for affordable credit and interest subvenion access
The government launched a centralised electronic platform for processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM), called ‘Paisa’.
- PAiSA, or `Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access’, is a web platform designed and developed by Allahabad Bank, which is the nodal bank.
- All 35 states/union territories and all scheduled commercial banks, RRBs and cooperative banks are expected to be on board the `Paisa’ portal the year-end.