1. 29 October as International Internet Day
Every year on the 29th of October, International Internet Day is observed globally. Since the year 2005, the International Internet Day was famously dedicated to commemorating a momentous day in the history of telecommunications and technology.
- This was the event of the sending of the first message, the first electronic message which was transferred from one computer to another in 1969. This was situated in California, in the USA. Today the International Internet Day is also an on-line project germinating from the society, of the society and for the society.
- The International Internet Day Project is open to everyone and access to the Internet is open and free to anyone.
- International Internet Day thus celebrates this grand democratic celebration which is in essence tied to this idea of liberation, where all are given equal opportunity to share equal opportunities and services that the world can connect to one another.
2. 28 October as NATIONAL INTERNAL MEDICINE DAY
National Internal Medicine Day realizes the contributions of more than 300,000 internal medicine physicians on October 28th annually.
- Internal medicine physicians (internists) are experts. They apply systematic knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis and treatment. Additionally, they provide compassionate care to adults across the spectrum from health to complex disease. Some internists take additional training to subspecialize in a more focused area of internal medicine. Their subspecialties may include cardiology, endocrinology, rheumatology, gastroenterology, or infectious disease.
- Internists are especially well qualified to care for patients with complex conditions or multi-system diseases. Usually, other physicians call on internists to serve as consultants to help solve puzzling diagnostic problems. As a result, internists earned the name the “doctor’s doctor” since they are a strong consultant.
3. World Day for Audiovisual Heritage was commemorated on 27 October
27 October was observed as World Day for Audiovisual Heritage. The day permits us to pass down common heritage across generations. Audiovisual documents include the primary records of the history of the 20th and 21st centuries capturing moving photographs and radio sounds.
The theme for the year 2019 is to Engage the Past Through Sound and Images. It intends to recognize the expertise of the people working to safeguard collections of the past for generations to come, which will disappear forever without a large part of our cultural heritage.
4. BJP leader P.S. Sreedharan Pillai is appointed as Governor of Mizoram.
The 65-year-old Pillai supervised the Kerala unit of BJP.
- The appointment was executed by President Ram Nath Kovind. Pillai’s meeting will take effect from the date he assumes charge of his office.
- In other appointments made, Girish Chandra Murmu was elected as the first Lt Governor of Jammu and Kashmir and Radha Krishna Mathur as the first Lt Governor of Ladakh.
5. National Unity Day to be observed on Oct 31
National Unity Day will be celebrated on the 31st of this month to mark the birth anniversary of Ironman Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Arrangements are in full swing to celebrate National Unity Day on the 31st of this month.
- The Lakhs of people from more than 700 districts will take part in the events to be organized to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of Sardar Vallabhai Patel.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Kevadia to pay homage to the great leader at the Statue of Unity in Gujarat.
- Home Minister Amit Shah flags off the commemorative Run For Unity from New Delhi’s Major Dhyanchand National Stadium at 7.10 AM on the 31st of October.
6. Lucknow-based school got Guinness World Record title for having 55,547 students
A Lucknow-based school has won the Guinness World Record for becoming the ‘world’s largest school in terms of the strength of students.
- City Montessori School (CMS) acquired the global award for having 55,547 students in 2019-20, as declared by CMS founder, Jagdish Gandhi.
- The children to be settled in the physical, social and spiritual knowledge, human education and the importance of peace and unity. Our students are highly skilled in physical knowledge and fully fitted of clearing the global examinations.
7. Yogi Adityanath is to launch single helpline number 112 in Uttar Pradesh
The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh is ready to launch a new integrated emergency number 112 for medical and fire emergencies, police, and also the women helpline 1090. The new number 112 will replace the 100 number.
- The single number for emergency services is similar to 911 in the US. This facility will be launched by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- The Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) envisages a single pan-India emergency number 112, which is an internationally recognized number, to target all types of emergencies.
8. Gandhi Mandela Award 2019 an action to commemorate All-Time World Pioneers
The Gandhi Mandela Foundation, a New Delhi based non-profit organization, under the aegis of Interactive Forum on Indian Economy (a govt of India recognized 80G, 12A complaint) committed to the ideas of Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela constituted India’s first International Award.
- The award on the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi exemplary work and achievements of the Heads of State and Government and other distinguished persons/organizations around the world.
- The Awardees will be picked by a jury of eminent personalities, including former Chief Justice of Supreme Court and former Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission of India, International Yoga Guru and Founder of Patanjali YogpeethBaba Ramdev, former Chief Justice of Nepal Justice Kedar Nath Upadhyay,Nepal and Bangladesh namely former Chief Justice of India Justice KG Balakrishnan and Justice Dipak Mishra, former Chief Justice of Bangladesh Justice M D Tafazzul Islam along with former Justice of Supreme Court of India Justice Gyan Sudha Misra.