1. Chandrayaan 2 completed its final lunar bound orbit manoeuver
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully completed the fifth and the final lunar bound orbit manoeuvre for Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft on 1 September.
- The 5th lunar bound orbit manoeuvre was caused using the onboard propulsion system.
- The orbit manoeuvre got approximately 52 seconds to complete. The orbit was achieved at 119 km x 127 km. ISRO reported that all spacecraft parameters are normal.
The Vikram lander will be separated from the spacecraft’s orbiter after the final manoeuvre. Vikram lander is expected to perform two deorbit manoeuvre to make for its landing in the south polar region of the moon.
2. Indian Oil to establish 1GW electric vehicle battery plant
For running electric vehicles (EVs) in partnership with an overseas start-up using a non-lithium ion raw material, State-run oil refiner Indian Oil Corporation Ltd will set up a 1 Giga Watt (GW) plant to make batteries used.
- The move fits well with the government’s strategy to facilitate the adoption of EVs in the country’s energy basket and cut the fuel import bill. It also carries a key element of the EVs industry batteries and their recharge.
- The more efficient, less complex, very advanced and more economical, if you are looking at the car alone.
3. Maharashtra cabinet approved the vertical property rules
Maharashtra enhanced the first state to adopt a system whereby owners of flats or commercial structures will be given individual property cards. The decision to implement this system got approval from the state cabinet.
- As of now, 7/12 extracts are given out only for multiple structures erected in a horizontal layout on a single land parcel. The new decision ownership rights can be obtained by owners of vertical structures facilitate easier transaction of immovable assets. The property holders and future buyers will find it easier to trace the backstory of a property they may be interested in.
- This would additionally ensure that transactions or property transfers are transparent by preventing fraudulent transactions such as the sale of a single flat to multiple institutions or individuals, apart from letting people mortgage their properties as collateral.
4. Shooter Yashaswini Singh Deswal achieve gold at ISSF World Cup
Shooter Yashaswini Singh Deswal won gold at ISSF World Cup 2019 at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- She enhanced the world champion in the women’s 10m Air Pistol event.
- Yashaswini Singh Deswal beat Olena Kostevyc, 2004 Athens Olympic champion, by finishing 1.9 points ahead of her. She has secured India’s ninth Olympic quota in the shooting with this win.
Yashaswini Singh Deswal:
Yashaswini Singh Deswal is the daughter of SS Deswal who is an IPS officer, is an Indian sport shooter. Her father is the deputy general of Indo-Tibetan Border Police. Her mother Saroj Deswal is the Chief Commissioner of Income Tax in Panchkula.
5. Lt Gen Manoj Naravane appointed as VCAS
Lieutenant General Manoj Mukund Naravane took power of Vice Chief of the Army Staff in New Delhi on 1 September. He succeeds Lieutenant General Devraj Anbu superannuated on August 31.
- Lieutenant General Manoj Mukund Naravane:
Naravane was earlier heading the Eastern Command of the Indian Army. He was working in Counter Insurgency environments, both in the North East and in J&K. Naravane was a part of the Indian Peace Keeping Force in Sri Lanka during Operation PAWAN.
- Lieutenant General Manoj was conferred the Sena Medal-Distinguished for command of his Battalion in J&K, the Vishisht Seva Medal for his services as the Inspector General Assam Rifles-North in Nagaland.
6. CCMB scientist Thangaraj got J C Bose Fellowship
K Thangaraj who is the Chief scientist at the Centre for Cellular and biology (CCMB) in Hyderabad got the celebrated J C Satyendra N. Bose Fellowship Award. He was conferred for his outstanding scientific contributions within the field of population and medical genetics.
- Dr. Thangaraj is a community life scientist searching for the origin of the Indian population however humans migrated from Africa throughout inhabited different components of India.
- The current focus of thangaraj is on building information on Indian population biological science.
Research Interests: The major analysis interest of thangaraj includes
- The origin of contemporary human;
- The genetic basis of – male physiological state, upset, sex determination, mitochondrial disorders, ayur genomics
- origin of contemporary humans
7. 5 States get new Governors
Former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Bhagat Singh Koshyari appointed as the new Governor of Maharashtra while former Union Minister Arif Mohammed Khan will hold the responsibility of Kerala governor.
- Former Union Minister and BJP leader Bandaru Dattatraya will be the new Governor of Himachal Pradesh in place of Kalraj Mishra who was gave the charge of Governor of Rajasthan.
- Former Tamil Nadu BJP chief, Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan is the new Governor of Telangana.
President Ram Nath Kovind recommended these appointments.
8. Trump nominates Indian-American Shireen Mathews as District Court judge
President Donald Trump has chosen Indian-American Shireen Mathews as a judge of the US District Court for the Southern District of California.
- Currently, Matthews is a partner at Jones Day, the fifth-largest law firm in the country, in San Diego.
- Article III judges “hold their office during good behavior”, which means they have a lifetime appointment, except under very limited circumstances.
9. Yashaswini Deswal won gold at ISSF World Cup
Young shooter Yashaswini Singh Deswal has won gold in the women’s 10meter Air Pistol event at the ISSF World Cup at in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
- With the win, she has also defended an Olympic quota for India.
- This is India’s ninth quota in shooting for 2020 Tokyo Games.
- World no.1 Olena Kostevych of Ukraine declared the silver, while Serbia’s Jasmina Milavonovic bagged the bronze.
10. Shot putter Tejinderpal Singh Toor clinched silver in the Czech Republic
Shot putter Tejinderpal Singh Toor secured a silver medal during an athletic meet at Decin in the Czech Republic.
- The Asian Games gold medallist came up with the best throw of 20.09m in his last attempt at the event.
- Tajinder was awarded the Arjuna Award this year.
- The 24-year-old Indian has already passed for the World Championship being the Area champion following his gold-winning feat at Asian Athletics Championships in April this year.