1. ISRO says that Chandrayaan-2 fulfills 95% mission objectives
ISRO states that despite the loss of communication with Vikram Lander, 90 to 95 percent of the mission’s objectives have been met.
- The orbiter is already orbited around the moon.
- The orbiter camera is the highest resolution camera in any lunar mission and will provide high-resolution images that will be extremely useful to the global scientific community.
2. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting decided to stop single use plastic
The Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) has declared its plan to get rid of single-use plastic within the secretariat. The Ministry has urged the staffers to turn the recycled paper.
The reason goal is to implement the ban is because it is a clean and green environment with collective responsibility and endless ways towards achieving the goal of a plastic-free environment. All Ministry officials are requested to cease single use of plastic folders, plastic water bottles, and such different things and encourage the use of recycled paper instead.
3. Coffee Day sells Blackstone to Global Village Tech Park for Rs 2,800 crore
Coffee Day Enterprises Ltd (CDEL) closed a deal to sell Global Village Technology Park in Bangalore to New York-based private equity giant Blackstone Group Llp.
- The development was confirmed by two people familiar with the transaction. According to the first person, the sale of the 90-acre Tech Park was finalized at ₹ 2,800 crores.
- The money will be credited to CDEL within the next week. 2000 crores from the proceeds of the transaction will be used to repay CDEL’s debts and 800 crores will go into CDEL’s books and meet its working capital requirements.
4. World Literacy Day is observed on 8 September
Every year on 8 September, International Literacy Day is observed to recognize the importance of literacy for people, communities, and societies.
Its aim is to face problems around the world to promote illiteracy. The theme for 2019 is Literacy and Multilingualism.
History and aim of International Literacy Day:
The United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) declared 8th September as International Literacy Day on 26th October in 1966.
5. President introduced the World first Youth Conference
On 7 September 2019, World first Youth Summit inaugurated by the President Ram Nath Kovind and organized by the Youth Awakening Mission, a youth wing of Paavan Chintan Dhara Charitable Trust, Ghaziabad. in New Delhi.
The summit intended to work for the betterment and welfare of ourselves, society and country.
Youth in India:
- There are immense talent and energy among the youth. This talent and energy must be properly developed and utilized. There is 800 million Indian youth with their creative power. They are capable of taking India to new heights of progress and human civilization.
- The role of education is the most important in awakening the right objective and the conscience achieves this objective. He said that a self-reliant and patriotic person can contribute to nation-building by working in any area of life.
6. Oscars of science conferred to Event Horizon Telescope Team
The Event Horizon Telescope Team have 347 scientists created the world first image of a black hole. They were complimented with breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics.
- The award is known as the Oscar of Science Award, with prize money of $ 3 million. The team published an image of a black hole operating on Messier 87 (M87) galaxy by a flame-orange halo of white-hot plasma.
- Directed by Shep Dolman at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, the team spent more than a decade emulating Earth-sized computational telescopes, signals received by eight radio telescopes working in pairs around the world Pairing with their sights trained on Messier 87 (Messier). M87) galaxy, 55 million light-years away.
7. PM Modi inaugurated first ‘Make in India’ metro coach in Mumbai
Prime Minister Narendra Modi initiated the first Metro Coach in Mumbai under the ‘Make in India’ initiative at Jio World Centre, Maharashtra, Mumbai.
- The coach, the first in the list of 500 to be given to the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation, has been built by Bharat Earth Movers (BEML) at its Bengaluru facility in flat 75 days.
- Maharashtra is elevating in over Rs 1.2 lakh crore to build 14 metro corridors stretching 337-km over the next decade.
8. Rohit Sharma is to launch Campaign to save Rhinos in India
To help build awareness for the need to conserve the Greater One-Horned Rhinoceros or the Indian Rhino, India vice-captain Rohit Sharma is beginning ‘Rohit4Rhinos campaign’, in partnership with WWF India and Animal Planet.
- On 22 September, in a campaign launched on Animal Planet to celebrate World Rhino Day, Rohit pledged to do his part to save the “vulnerable” species from extinction.
- Indian rhinoceros have to face many threats, including poaching, loss of habitat and mass mortality from inbreeding and disease.