Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) is inviting eligible candidates to fill 7110 vacancies of Constables and Sub-Inspectors in Haryana Police Department. For good preparation, you should have the knowledge of the pattern of exam and selection process. Read this complete article on Haryana Police Exam Pattern and get to know about all the details of written exam and physical tests. This is the good opportunity for those who have a dream to work for Haryana Police. The candidates who are interested in Haryana Police Recruitment can apply before the last date i.e. May 28, 2018.
Haryana Police Recruitment – Important Dates
|Online application starts||28 April 2018|
|Online application ends||28 May 2018 (11:59 pm)|
|Last date of payment||30 May 2018 (11:59 pm)|
Haryana Police Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure
The selection process will consist of 4 stages.
- Knowledge Test
- Physical Screening Test
- Physical Measurement Test
- Document Verification
1. Knowledge Test
Complete Details of Knowledge Test:
|Topics||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Numerical ability||100||80||90 Minutes|
|General Reasoning & Mental Aptitude|
|Knowledge of Computer|
- This will be an objective test of total 80 marks and 100 questions.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The medium of examination will be Hindi except where the knowledge of English language is to be tested.
- The standard of questions for the post of Constable will be 10+2 examination of Board of School Education Haryana and graduation from a recognized University for the post of Sub-Inspector.
2. Physical Screening Test (PST)
- Those who qualify the knowledge Test will be invited for Physical Screening.
- Complete Details of PST are given below:
|Male||2.5 km in 12 min|
|Female||1 km in 6 min|
|Ex-serviceman||1 km in 5 min|
3. Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- After qualifying Physical Screening Test, Candidates shall have to undergo Physical Measurement Test.
- Physical Measurement Standards are given below:
|Gender||Height (cm)||Chest (cm)|
|Male||170 (Unreserved)||83 (unexpanded)||87 (expanded)|
|168 (Reserved Category)||81 (unexpanded)||85 (expanded)|
|156 (Reserved Category)||Nil|
4. Document Verification
- Those who qualify PMT, will be invited for scrutiny of documents.
- There will be additional weightage to academic performance checked during document verification.
Haryana Police Exam Pattern – Weightage
1. Knowledge Test Weightage – 80%
- Among all exam stages, marks obtained in knowledge test are considered for final selection.
- PST and PMT will be qualifying in nature.
2. Additional Weightage – 20%
A. Educational Qualification
10% weightage will be given for qualification as given below:
- The candidates who are applying for constable post, having graduation degree in any stream will get 4 marks. Those with post graduation degree will get additional 3 marks.
- The candidates who are applying for sub-inspector post, having graduation degree in Law, Computer Engineering / Science, Forensic Medicine, Forensic Science, Police Science, and Criminology (for 4 or more years after 10+2) will get 4 marks. Additional 3 marks will be given for post graduation degree in these streams. Those having M. Phil or Ph.D above post graduation in other fields will get additional 3 marks.
- Those having NCC Certificate of A, B or C level will get 1, 2, 3 marks respectively.
10% weightage will be given in the following cases:
- 5 marks will be given if your father, mother, spouse, brother, sister, son and daughter is / was a regular government employee.
- 5 marks will be given to widow / orphan.
Additional Qualification during Document Verification – 20%
To know more about Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Vacancies and other details of Haryana Police Recruitment in detail.