UGC NET Syllabus 2019
The NTA will conduct UGC NET Dec 2019 exam for various subjects from 2 to 6 December 2019 to determine eligibility for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). Get detailed exam pattern NTA UGC NET Dec 2019 exam with subject code syllabus of paper-1 and paper-2.
The most important step for preparing for NET exam is to be fully aware of the UGC NET syllabus. The NTA UGC NET December 2019 exam will consist of two papers. UGC NET Paper 1 will be general for all the candidates. The UGC NET Paper 2 will be specific to the subject (for example, if a candidate is preparing for Commerce, he / she will attempt questions from Commerce section).
You will be able to check UGC NET Paper-1 Syllabus and UGC NET Paper-2 Syllabus in PDF from this article
- The UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus test tests teaching and reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, deviation thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- UGC NET Paper 2 Syllabus is based on the subject chosen by the candidate. It tests the knowledge and expertise of the candidate in a related subject.
- To better prepare and give a proper idea of syllabus and paper pattern, NTA has also released mock test for the exam on its official website.
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus
UGC NET exam paper 1 will consist of 50 questions. Only 1 hour will be given to attempt this section. The syllabus of this paper consists of 10 different sections. The weight of each section is the same, ie 5 questions (5 * 2 = 10 marks) from each section.
Now we will take a look at the sections asked in UGC NET Paper-I test along with the topics asked under them.
- Methods of Teaching
- Factors affecting teaching
- Objectives and Basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics
- Teaching Aids
- Evaluation systems
A passage will be determined with questions to be answered from within the passage.
- Steps of Research
- Types and Characteristics
- Research Ethics
- Methods of Research
- Paper, Article
- Workshop and Symposium
- Conference & Seminar
- Thesis writing: Its characteristics and format
- Communication Nature
- Effective classroom communication
- Evaluating and distinguishing inductive and deductive reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments
- Verbal classification
- Verbal analogies – Applied analogy
- Word analogy
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams – Simple diagrammatic relationship
- Venn diagram
- Multi-diagrammatic relationship
- Analytical Reasoning.
Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
- Number series
- Letter series
- Set Theory etc
Higher Education System: Governance, Policy And Administration
- Structure of the institutions for higher learning and research in India
- Technical/professional and General Education
- Formal and Distance education
- Value education – Polity, Governance and Administration
Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT Meaning
- Advantages & Disadvantages
- Basics of internet and e-mailing
- General abbreviations and Terminology
People and Environment
- People and environment interaction
- Pollutants and their impact on human life
- Sources of pollution
- Exploitation of natural and Energy resources
- Natural hazards and mitigation
- Sources, Acquisition and interpretation of data
- Graphical representation
- Qualitative and quantitative data
- Mapping of data
UGC NET Paper-2 Syllabus
UGC NET exam paper 2 will be based on the subject chosen by the candidate. The candidate can choose any of the 81 subjects. There will be 100 questions of 2 marks in this paper. All questions will be compulsory. The paper will cover the entire syllabus (including all facultative, with no options). The syllabus for all NET subjects can be downloaded from the UGC official website which link is given below. From this link, you can check your respective subject syllabus.